Partner News / September 2020
Men are hungry to connect with other men and see the Kingdom in flesh!
Your partnership helped 100 men from 15 churches experience corporate worship and encouragement from the Word on Friday, August 28th.
In spite of the crazy heat and humidity, our beta test of The Noble Man Tailgate was a success. Men worshiped enthusiastically and were challenged to walk with Christ and lead well.
Gary Freeman (Fatherhood and Family Program Manager for Care Net) challenged men to live lives worthy of imitation. (1 Thess. 1:6) The core of my message was to follow Jesus’ example from Philippians 2 to be empty, humble and obedient as we engage others.
Four groups of men enjoyed tailgate time featuring hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, steak and bacon wrapped shrimp!
Here are some comments from the guys about their ‘take-away’ from the event…
- I need to empty myself and be a better listener.
- Is my life worth imitating?
- I need to live so that others see Christ in me.
- I need to do away with the ‘old’ man and be more like Jesus.
- My focus needs to be on the kingdom, not the world!
- It was fun meeting new people and enjoying fellowship with church members.
Thank God with us for a strong first step and great response from the men! Pray with us that this vehicle will allow us to reach more churches across the state and help them launch men’s small groups where men learn to walk with Christ and lead well.
Check out photos at NobleWarriors.org/Tailgate-Moseley